Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Another End-of-Year Display

Oh, I have so many of these! This one is from several years ago. As I've mentioned before, I never thought I'd be sharing these pictures with anyone. I took them only so I'd remember what I've done. This was taken in my living room. I never took a picture of it once it was displayed at work, so this will have to do. But first I should give you a little background. We do a lot of dancing in my Pre-K. And I don't mean to Barney or The Wiggles. I'm talking 80's. Yes, 1980's. One of our favorites is "Footloose." So I used that for my goodbye display once:
I printed out letters from my computer and cut them out. It reads, "We gotta cut loose, Footloose, Kick off our <name of center> shoes!" It's like the kids are saying, "We're outta here! Time for kindergarten!" I also took pictures of the kids dancing, cut them out, and put them on scrapbook paper.
How cool is that? I love how they look like they're floating among the "bubbles." I also cut out some musical notes.
And then I printed out a little note from the teachers:
Back at school I had the kids each decorate a picture of a shoe. We had all kinds, from flip flops to cowboy boots. Then I hung those up with the Footloose display. It turned out really cute. I wish I had taken a picture of it. If only I had known I'd become a blogger one day...

No comments: