Monday, March 19, 2012

Cherry Blossom Branches

Before I begin, I wanted to let you know that I finally (finally!) have a facebook page for Tippytoe Crafts. This was really hard for me to do. I have been anti-facebook since the beginning, never even having a personal page. But since the point of my blog is to share my ideas, and using facebook might help it reach more people, then I guess a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. I can almost guarantee you that I will only use my facebook page to link to a new post I've written. So if you already follow me here, you probably won't need to ever visit my page. But if you want to, click here.
Now on to the art.
Cherry blossoms. Don't you love them? Last year we made them with pink tissue paper (see that here), but this year I got inspired by Alphamom. I've used soda bottles for painting before, but I've never added a branch or tree. It was always for random flowers. But the one I saw on Alphamom was just so beautiful so I decided to give it a try. As the kids were dropped off in the morning, I had them paint a branch on a piece of white construction paper.
By art time, a couple hours later, they were dry enough to add the flowers. So I set out four shades of pink paint and added soda bottles. I used smaller bottles than the one from Alphamom because our paper was smaller.
The kids really enjoyed stamping with these.
 And we got some beautiful art work for our wall.


I loved doing this (that first picture in this post is mine!) and want to make one on a canvas for my home. So don't be surprised if you see a cherry blossom young-at-heart craft from me soon!

2 comments:

Maro Oikonomou said...

This activity is great! I have been following you grom mail for a while and I love your work! This activity is ideal for the beggining of spring here in Greece!

Betsy said...

Thank you for following! That means a lot to me!