Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Musical Bracelets and Some Painting

Okay, so they are just jingle-bell bracelets, but our theme this week is music so I decided to call them musical bracelets. These were so easy to make and the kids loved them! I put out pipe cleaners, beads and jingle bells and the kids got to work making their bracelets.
The beads we used were left over from our friendship bracelets, and were sent to me from CraftProjectIdeas.com. The kids strung on some bells and some beads,
and then I wrapped the pipe cleaner around itself. I wanted it to be loose enough that they could take it off by slipping it over their hand, but not so loose that it would fall off.

We did a little dancing after this project and the kids loved how they jingled with every move!

Here is another activity we did for our music theme. I put our CD player next to the art table and played Vivaldi's The Four Seasons. The kids painted to the music.
We used neon paint and marbled paper, just for fun. The kids painted fast when the music was fast, slow when it was slow. They painted big strokes when the music was loud, small strokes when it was quiet.
Well, maybe not ;o) But that was my suggestion!


They turned out pretty, nonetheless.

1 comment:

Carolyn Kisloski said...

I love your ideas! Those bracelets must have been such a HUGE hit! :) Thank you for sharing!
Carolyn
Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together